High Intensity Interval Training = HIIT.
This technique of training is designed for you to give 100% output and effort over short periods of time followed by a recovery period. This type of training is designed to highly increase your fitness and studies have proven, intense exercise in bursts, will help burn more fat and calories than regular aerobic and steadier paced type exercise.
If it sounds scary to you, please let us assure you, it's not - even though it's high intensity, everyone can work at a pace they feel is comfortable for them. We don't like to compare at Riddlers Gym, everyone trains together but everyone works within their own limits.
1) Increases your metabolism. High intensity training speeds up your metabolic rate, burning fat even after you have left the gym.
2) The workouts are designed to have moves that do not require too many technical aspects. We like to include things such as burpees, rowing, situps, pushups, running, battle ropes, tyre flips, sled pushes, assault bikes and more. Common formulas for time used are 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off (30:30) 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off (40:20) and 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off (15:15). Within the working time, it allows you to work as hard as you can, knowing you have a rest period following.
3) We have a class every day, including 6am 3 x week! Get in and get it done before work!
4) HIIT classes are a great way of adding another dimension to a sport you already play, helping you with high intensity bursts and extra fitness.
5) Our trainers will always help you modify an exercise if you are unable to do it due to injury or you simply don't feel comfortable with the movement. That's the beauty of exercise - you can work around everything, and still reap the rewards!
6) You don't have to be a member! You can just casually stroll in and join us!
Come and join us - our timetable is here: www.riddlersgym.com.au/timetable